Mayor Ben Walsh to bartend tonight at charity event

Sarah Schleicher | Staff Photographer

Walsh is pictured here at this year's Green Beer Sunday, which was held Feb. 25 in Tipperary Hill. Walsh was the grand marshal of this year's parade.

The Krebs restaurant will feature Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh as a guest bartender as part of the Celebrity Bartending For a Cause charity event this evening. Walsh will be behind the bar tonight from 6 to 8 p.m., to benefit The Vera House and the Food Bank of Central New York through the Aquarius Cup Foundation, according to a press release from the restaurant.

Kim Weitsman, owner of The Krebs, said the restaurant is honored to host the charity bartender event.

“People turn to both The Vera House and The Food Bank of Central New York in a time of need and we are honored to help raise money for them through the Aquarius Cup Foundation,” she said in the release.

All cash tips generated from the event will go to the Aquarius Cup Foundation, which raises awareness and funds for local nonprofit organizations through ski racing. They have chosen Vera House and the Food Bank of Central New York as this year’s beneficiaries from the 10th annual Aquarius Cup, to be held March 10, per the release.

Vera House provides shelter, advocacy and counseling for people affected by domestic and sexual violence, along with education and prevention programs. The Food Bank of Central New York is the central distribution hub for partner agencies that make up the emergency food network in the 11-county region across New York.

The Krebs is located at 53 West Genesee Street in Skaneateles.